Rosacea is a common chronic skin condition that causes redness, visual blood vessels, tiny pus-filled bumps, and blotchiness of the facial skin. Depending on the sufferer, symptoms can last for weeks or months. Left untreated, the condition usually gets progressively worse. However, there are certain cosmetic procedures that will help reduce the appearance of the disorder.
Symptoms of Rosacea
Many people mistakenly think that rosacea is an allergic reaction or acne. However, it is believed to be a genetic disorder that can affect anyone. However, it is the most common in
middle-aged women who are fair skinned.
Symptoms of rosacea include:
- Redness of the skin that is worse around the central part of the face such as across the nose. Small red blood vessels may be noticable. Many sufferers also develop small pus-filled bumps.
- Skin frequently feels warm or tender to the touch.
- Eye dryness, swelling, and redness. The eye problems often precede the facial symptoms.
- Many sufferers, especially men, develop a red, bulbous nose.
Things That Make the Condition Worse or Trigger an Outbreak
Certain things such as foods or beverages may contribute to the condition and make symptoms worse.
Here are just a few possible triggers:
- Hot drinks
- Windy conditions
- Emotional upheaval
- Certain blood pressure medications
Rosacea Treatment Options
There are several outpatient cosmetic treatment options that are available to eliminate or significantly reduce the appearance of rosacea. The treatments cause no downtime and are performed in the comfort of a medical office. Patients can quickly return to work and everyday life. In many cases, rosacea sufferers must have the procedures repeated on numerous occasions to improve the skin’s appearance and reduce the likelihood of future outbreaks.
- Copper Bromide Laser System: The copper bromide laser system relies on a yellow and green light that pulses at intervals of 10 to 50 millimeters to rejuvenate skin and wipeout red veins, skin redness, and small bumps.
- Nd YAG Laser: The Nd YAG laser reduces inflammation, redness, and irritation. The laser penetrates the skin deeply and features a pulsating behavior which relaxes and soothes.
- Viva nano RF: The Viva nano RF has been shown to reduce the redness caused by the disorder. It heats up the deep layers of skin to initiate cellular changes that boost collagen production. The skin’s texture regenerates, refines, and becomes smoother. The energy delivered by the Viva nano RF encourages the skin to naturally heal.
- Topical Treatments: Topical treatments and oral medication alleviate rosacea inflammation, bumpiness, and redness. Antibiotics are often administered in conjunction with topicals to control breakouts.
The medical experts at Laser Skin & Vein Clinic are happy to discuss the many treatment options for rosacea. Please contact us today to book a consultation.