Anti Wrinkle Treatments For A Refreshed Look
Not that many years ago, cosmetic injections were treatments available only to the likes of celebrities and the wealthy. How things have changed! Cosmetic injectables, including anti wrinkle injections and dermal fillers, are now readily available to everyone and are a cost-effective way to turn back the clock for a fresher, more natural and youthful appearance.
Anti-ageing injectables are a form of facial muscle relaxant that reducing and smooth forehead and frown lines. They are an easy, safe and non-surgical way to rejuvenate the way you look and feel. As we age our skin laxity increases, volume decreases and muscle strength increases with repeated facial expression. Over time, this results in deepened lines and wrinkles that can make us look worried, sad, anxious or angry. The areas where upper facial lines and wrinkles appear more noticeable are the frown area, forehead and crow’s feet.
At Laser Skin and Vein Clinic, we use the two leading products for anti-wrinkle injections, both of which are TGA approved. Each product is highly effective in noticeably reducing moderate to severe wrinkles, relatively painless and safe to use.
The process begins with a free consultation from our experienced registered nurse therapists to fully assess your individual needs. Next, our in-house doctors will see you before your treatment. This consultation process ensures that you receive a cosmetic injectables treatment plan that is tailored to your needs and suitable for you.
We are a specialist cosmetic medicine clinic in Adelaide and perform injectable treatments on a regular basis, with wrinkles injections and dermal fillers available every day we are open. To discover how our personalised anti wrinkle injection treatments can benefit you, book a free consultation with one of our friendly and trusted cosmetic clinic nurses.
Anti Wrinkle Injection Prices
Indicative pricing* for common treatments:
- Frown Lines: $150 – $300
- Crow’s Feet: $150 – $310
- Forehead Lines: $100 – $200
- Bunny Lines (side nose): $55 – $100
- Downward Smile: $50 – $100
- Gummy Smile: $50 – $100
- Brow: $50 – $100
- Chin Crease: $75 – $100
- Jaw Slimming: $400 – $550
- Vertical Lip Lines: $75 – $100
- 3 Area Anti-Wrinkle Package: $550
- Bruxism (Teeth Clenching): $650 – $800
- Jowl, Neck and Jawline: $250-400
- Hyperhydrosis & Migraine Treatment: Case by case
*To be used a guide only. Firm price will be provided upon consultation prior to treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cosmetic Injectables such as anti wrinkle injections are very safe. They are derived from a natural, purified protein in a controlled fashion from bacteria and have been used for many years with millions of patients treated worldwide. Their effects are supported by comprehensive clinical trials, published studies and extensive clinical practice. Wrinkle injections are one of the most widely researched medicines in the world, with twenty approved indications in more than 75 countries.
As done by our certified clinic nurses, wrinkle injections are a simple, quick and minimally-invasive treatment that deliver fast and visible results.
Anti-wrinkle injectables are made of a natural, purified protein that relaxes wrinkle-causing muscles to improve appearance. The active ingredient is a protein molecule extracted from the bacterium Clostridium Botulinum. The products we use are TGA approved and a prescription-only medication. Therefore, an initial doctors consultation is required to assess your suitability to the medication.
Wrinkle treatment longevity will vary according to the individual, but typically the effect will last between three and four months*. After this time, further injections will be needed to maintain the effect.
By maintaining regular successive treatments, a longer duration may be achieved. With the passage of time, the skin creases (wrinkles) overlying the muscles will gradually become less severe.
No. The effects will be noticeable three to four days after the treatment, with the full effect settling in at 14 days. The muscle activity will slowly return and your wrinkles will slowly reappear over the next three months. Two weeks after your initial treatment, we will review your treated area to assess if any further medication is required to achieve your desired outcome.
Not unless that is the look you are going for. We can deliver a look according to your objectives, from a soft natural movement to little or no movement at all; this is all covered in your initial consultation and tailored to your personal preferences.
As with any anti wrinkle injections treatment, occasional side effects can occur. These can include headaches, pain, bruising, swelling, itchiness, a feeling of pins and needles or redness at the injection site and flu-like symptoms. Muscle weakness, such as drooping eyelids or eyebrows, along with swelling of the eyelids or eye muscles may also occur.
If you experience any of these unwanted side effects, you should contact us straight away. Although uncommon, these side effects can occur and will be discussed at your consultation.
Anti wrinkle treatments are not suitable for pregnant or breast feeding women. Additionally, some medical issues will preclude you from this treatment.
The first step in the process is a medical consultation with one of our clinic specialists, which has the objective of identifying any contraindications to this treatment.
- Forehead Wrinkles – Reduce the depth and appearance of forehead wrinkles.
- Frown Lines – Reduce the depth and appearance of frown lines between the eyebrows.
- Bunny Lines – Bunny lines are the wrinkles that form on the side of the nose, and can be reduced and softened with anti wrinkle injections.
- Downturn Smile – A downturn smile is where the corners of the mouth turn downwards, creating a sad expression. This can be addressed by releasing the muscles that are pulling the smile down at the corners.
- Gummy Smile – A gummy smile is where gums show when smiling. This can be reduced by relaxing the muscles on the top lip.
- Brow Lift – Non surgical lifting of the brow with anti wrinkle injections.
- Crows Feet – Reduce and soften the crows feet wrinkles at the corner of the eyes.
- Chin Slimming/Teeth Clenching – Anti wrinkle injections can be used on the masseter jaw muscles along the jaw. The result is a slimming of the lower part of the face, reducing a squared look with a more tapered contour. The same treatment can be used to overcome teeth clenching.
- Pebble Chin – Pebble chin is when the chin skin is not smooth but has a dimpled appearance. This can be reduced with anti-wrinkle injections.
- Nefertiti Lift – As we grow older, the platysmal bands in our necks shorten and pull on the jawline. This results in a saggy jowl appearance. Treating the neck and jawline with anti wrinkle injections relaxes the bands resulting in a softer less jowly appearance.