Solve Skin Issues with Adelaide’s Fractional Skin Resurfacing Specialists
Venus Viva Skin Resurfacing
Reduce lines, pore size and acne scarring, skin resurfacing and wrinkle reduction, with limited down time.
- Acne & other types of scarring
Frequently Asked Questions
How does Venus Viva work?
Venus Viva is designed to deliver columns of radio frequency energy in order to damage the existing collagen and stimulating the healing response in the body. Once the collagen has been damaged the body begins to repair by forming new collagen. The radio frequency also stimulates the body to produce new fibroblasts
This wound healing response creates a smoother appearance to the skin, reduces pore size, plumps up fine lines and wrinkles as well as treating acne scars, and reduces pigmented lesions and textural irregularities of the skin.
How will I feel, how will I look?
During the procedure, discomfort is minimized by prior application of topical anesthetic cream. Post-procedure skin will look pink-red and possibly a bit puffy.
Are the treatments safe?
YES! Radio Frequency has been used in medicine for many years and is a proven, safe and effective technology. Your treatment provider will review your medical history and your aesthetic goals to see if the Venus Viva™ treatment is right for you.
How successful are the treatments?
3-4 treatments of the Venus Viva are recommended which are performed at 4-6 week intervals. The number of treatments required will vary patient to patient and can be assessed in your consultation.
Will I have downtime?
Recovery time is 2-5 days of redness with occasional puffiness.
Exercise should be avoided for 3-5 days and sun exposure for at least 2 weeks.
As early as next day, makeup can be applied.
A healthy glowing complexion can make a world of difference. Venus Viva™ is the next generation of skin resurfacing with Nano-Fractional™ Radio Frequency technology. Whether you’re concerned about acne scars, deep wrinkles, or pigmentation, Venus Viva™ treatments can help by giving your skin a clearer, healthier, tighter, and more youthful appearance. Treatments work on all skin types and require low downtime.
Venus Viva™ is the most customizable skin resurfacing device in the industry. Powered by NanoFractional Radio Frequency with SmartScan™ technology, it is the first and only fractional radio frequency (RF) system that allows operator control of ablation and coagulation for enhanced efficacy in resolving mild to severe skin damage. Treatments are safe for all skin types with low downtime.
The face resurfacing treatment can help to decrease visible pores for even skin texture, reduce signs of ageing for a more youthful look, even out textural irregularities for refined skin, reduce acne scars for a clearer complexion, reduce deep lines and folds for younger looking skin and tighten and firm the neck and décolleté areas.
General skin improvement can be seen within a matter of days but as collagen remodeling happens in the deeper layers of the skin, total skin improvement including smoothing and tightening can take several months to occur. Gradual improvement can continue to occur for up to a year following a series of treatments.
You have now completed your Venus Viva (RF) treatment and below are the Aftercare instructions:
Immediately following your treatment, you will be able to return to daily activities.
- Some patients will experience a mild sunburn sensation and redness post-treatment, which will generally subside within 24-48 hours.
- Do not use any exfoliant cleansers for at least a week after the procedure.
- Ensure to use a good moisturiser after procedure. Your practitioner will advise after your procedure.
- Avoid sun exposure where possible for 1-2 weeks after the procedure. Use a SPF 50+ when going outside.
- Do not use Retinol (Vitamin A) for at least a week after this procedure. You can resume this with your normal skin routine in the second week if there is no swelling or redness.
- Mineral Makeup can be worn the following day after treatment but please ensure this is a good quality makeup and where possible try to avoid for 24-48 hours.
- Avoid Swimming pools for 48 hours as this can cause infections
- Try to avoid touching your face where possible.
- Avoid Strenuous exercise where possible for a week. Light exercise is ok after 48 hours.
If you have any questions please contact Laser Skin & Vein Clinic 08 82672800.