Not that long ago, men would not have dreamed of seeking aid to combat ageing. Most males believed that you just grew old gracefully. However, times have changed, and anti-wrinkle for men’s choices have expanded and become socially acceptable (even commonplace).
Anti-Wrinkle for Men Choices
It is a well-known fact that when women reach menopause, the depletion of oestrogen leads to a breakdown of collagen in the skin, which leads to wrinkles. However, men don’t suffer from menopause, so many mistakenly believe that men age more gracefully. In truth, wrinkles often start appearing on men as early as their 20s due to lifestyle choices.
The leading cause of wrinkles in men include:
● Sun Exposure: Working out in the sunlight can lead to significant skin damage. Sadly, most men who work in construction and other trades forego the sunscreen, so their skin is at the mercy of the sun’s UV light. Sun exposure causes the collagen fibres in the skin to break down. As the skin ages, it loses its support, deep wrinkles form, which can quickly make a man look far older than his years.
● Smoking: According to research, men use tobacco products at a much higher rate than women. Smoking and the chemicals involved in tobacco products cause premature ageing, especially around the mouth and eyes.
● Hormones Such as Testosterone: Many people think that men get a free pass when it comes to hormones and smoking because they don’t face menopause. However, as a man ages, his hormone production (mainly testosterone) does start to deplete, which causes a loss of skin elasticity and wrinkles.
● Additional Causes of Wrinkles in Men: Other things that cause wrinkles in men include weight fluctuation, gravity, and repeated facial expressions. Genetics also plays a factor in the occurrence of wrinkles.
Preventing Wrinkles in Men
Luckily, a gentleman can take steps to improve his skin and prevent future damage from occurring, such as always wearing sunscreen.
The most popular anti-wrinkle preventives:
● Wear sunscreen any time you are outdoors.
● Avoid smoking and tobacco product use.
● Abstain from drinking, which can dry out your skin and lead to wrinkles.
● Eat a healthy diet!
● Get at least seven or eight hours of sleep per night.
Anti-Wrinkle Treatments for Men
At LSV, we offer several anti-wrinkle treatments for men. Below are just a few options.
The loss of facial volume occurs as a natural result of ageing. However, there are ways to help the skin’s supportive network to form elastin and collagen again. Anti-wrinkle dermal fillers plump out the skin to instantly smooth away wrinkles. The injectable is injected in areas of the face that have sustained volume loss. The dermal fillers restore thickness for quick and long-lasting skin rejuvenation by creating a foundation for collagen production.
Many men are seeking laser skin rejuvenation to smooth their facial skin. Skin treatments using a laser will improve the texture and tone of the skin while removing visible imperfections.
LSV skin rejuvenation and anti-wrinkle treatments for men are becoming commonplace and are safe with little or no downtime. Contact us to learn more and undergo a consultation to discuss precisely which anti-wrinkle treatments and products will work best for your particular circumstances.