The term ‘brotox’ refers to anti-wrinkle injections for men. Although, anti-wrinkle muscle relaxants have been around for years, at the beginning far more women sought out the cosmetic procedures than men. However, in recent years that has changed. Nowadays, everyone wants to look younger longer, so males have started to seek out anti-wrinkle for men options. Reports released by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons state that the number of men seeking brotox treatments has increased 355 percent in the last 15 years.
What to Expect From Brotox
Anti-aging injectables help facial muscles relax to create a smoother facial appearance. The breakdown of collagen in the skin causes laxity. The repetitious action of facial muscles that form expressions makes lines and wrinkles appear, especially in the forehead. Anti-aging injectables relax the muscles, so lines and wrinkles become far less noticeable. The injections effectively smooth even moderate to severe wrinkles. If you opt to undergo ‘brotox,’ then you will have a consultation to evaluate your specific needs. The injections usually take only 15 to 20 minutes and then you can return to work or everyday life.
Hair Loss Treatments to Achieve a Younger Appearance
Many men seeking a younger appearance also want to explore other cosmetic procedures. Besides anti-wrinkle injections, in recent years, many men have also started undergoing treatments for baldness.
Unfortunately, hair loss can be emotionally devastating. Many men experience baldness as early as their 20s or 30s. However, options to prevent, slow, and reverse hair loss do exist
Finasteride: Oral medications such as finasteride were designed to combat hair loss. Millions of men worldwide have turned to the prescription medication to reduce dihydrotestosterone (DHT) within the body which causes hair loss. Although the drug does not make you regrow hair, it can prevent you from losing the hair that you currently have.
- Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT): Men can also opt to undergo low-level laser therapy (LLLT) to treat alopecia and encourage hair regrowth, especially after a hair transplant procedure.
- Topical (Minoxidil): Topical medication such as Minoxidil help prevent hair loss and even spur new hair growth.
- Platelet Rich Plasma: PRP uses the natural growth factors contained in your blood, a blood sample is taken and then the Platelet Rich Plasma is harvested from the blood, the PRP is a natural growth factor that promotes hair growth, the PRP is injected into the scalp.
- Hair Transplant: A hair transplant surgery removes hair follicles from one region of the head and transplants them into the balding area to effectively regrow hair.
Why Men Want to Stay Looking Younger Longer
Modern men are being spurred to keep their youthful appearance for a variety of reasons such as these top three:
- Competition in the Workforce: Nowadays, youth is often associated with the brightest and most skilled employees. Unfortunately, age is no longer respected as it was decades ago. To stay competitive, men are now seeking to maintain their younger looks using anti-wrinkle injections and hair loss treatments.
- Self Esteem: Modern society focuses on healthy lifestyle choices which create a more pleasing physical appearance. Unfortunately, the aging process can make a man appear tired and older than his years. To bolster self-esteem, many men are seeking cosmetic procedures.
- Physical Appearance: Simply supporting a younger physical appearance makes a lot of men feel more youthful and vibrant.
The choices have never been better for anti-wrinkle for men options. Brotox is a possibility for many men to support their youthful appearance. Hair loss treatments are another way to foster a younger look.
If you would like to learn more about cosmetic procedures for men, please schedule a free consultation with the medical professionals at the Laser Skin & Vein Clinic.